Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Why you should ALWAYS wear a slip

Okay Niki this one is for you( and by the way I had to spend $10 on my own crackpot cookbook)

Bout a year ago maybe a little longer we as a family of 7 crazy people made it to church, no crutches no canes, and a healthy baby. Everyone was dressed so cute, the girls in matching dresses, the big boys in slacks and ties, even Mike was back in "real"clothes did I say everyone okay well not the mama, as I recall I was just in a black T, and a denim wrap around skirt and as I was rushed that morning did not have time to slip on a slip, but who cared I was wearing denim(try seeing through that) Oh yeah and a pair of really cute black leather slides.

Joy upon Joy we even arrived at church early and got OUR bench(you know that short one in the back with wheelchair spots on each side that's the Brinkworths bench). Oh, no here comes Brother Johnson, ah what the opening and closing prayer oh well sure, thanks to crying baby, Mike ended up giving the opening and I the closing but wait I didn't have to after all. It seems that as I was hurriedly getting dressed I did not completely knot the tie on my skirt, and Carsten who spent most of Sacrament snuggled up to my left side had set on the ties so as I stood up to go deliver a great prayer(I had all hour to work it out in my head) I noticed something brushing my foot Yup you guessed it my little bear cub had pulled the tie and my skirt fell open for the entire bishopric to get a great glance at my "G"s.

Quickly oh so very quickly I threw myself down into a empty spot on a bench and quickly whispered to the GREAT Brother Randall that my skirt had fallen off and would he please please give the closing prayer, what a great guy he sprinted up there and prayed for a full six minutes while I got myself in order. You know the funny thing is only about ten people even knew what had happened until the MORON Brother Grimes made fun of me for chickening out, and a few of us laughed so hard we ended up telling him about my "wardrobe malfunction" and shortly after everyone knew.

And no that is not my most embarrassing moment I am pretty sure that hasn't even happened yet.

6 comments:

Mag Family said...

That is pretty funny. I sure enjoyed reading about that. And why did you buy a cookbook?

Natilie said...

That takes the cake for embarrassing moments!

The Fannen's said...

I think I would just curl up and die!! That is hillarious. Sorry about the cookbook. I keep meaning to look up some of my recipes. I will have to get you some.

Amy B. said...

Where did you buy that CRACKPOT cookbook? From a crackpot dealer?
I have a crockpot one but cookin with the crackpot sounds cool too.
Love Amy

The Brooks Family said...

Don't! That is the funniest thing I've heard in a LONG time!! Gotta love kids.

brinkworth bunch said...

no I am pretty sure it was a crackpot, you never know what you are going to get over the internet!