Friday, November 7, 2008

Today in History

Does anyone know what today is?

Friday November 7, 2008.

Yup that means that sixty seven, yes I said 67 years ago My Grandparents tied the knot.

See they met in California, at the start of World War II, apparently dear old grandma was quite the flirt dating and having lots of fun with lots of friends, when she met the handsome Dan and fell hard(had nothing to do with the convertible).

Well they were engaged in the spring of 1942 and married November 7, and the 9, of 1942, hmm... someone forgot to pick up the marriage license before the wedding so they had a two day affair!!!!

And now one World War, several business ventures, 4 kids, 20 grandchildren, and 39 great grand children(sorry if I missed any). I would call 67 great years a stunning success.

1 comment:

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

Hi, I can't find your email address but there is a help baby mia blinkie button at the bottom of her blog with codes you can copy and paste under your layout-gadgets section or email me at nali_12@hotmail.com and i'll give you the codes! thanks so much!