Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Of bears and bones


Our weekend in review:

Friday; Carsten called sobbing from school to tell me that he had fallen at lunch recess and had hurt his hand, and please come and get him.

Wonder pets, wonder pets were on our way, to save a little bear and save the day.

I rushed to the fly boat(mini van) leaving a great nap, and good book home with Mike, and rushed to the school, and Safeway, and the pharmacy, and the beauty supply store, and the shell station for a coke. Yeah his arm hurt that bad.

Saturday; Mikes danmed alarm went off at 5a.m. so He, Braxton and Ardynn left the rest of us home(remember Carstens arm hurt) to go bear hunting. So while I played on the computer, Carsten, Kallison and Dawson played wii.(yep the arm still hurt).

Ring ring, hello, wonder pets wonder pets were on our way, can't save the bear or the rest of the day.

"Hey honey I got a bear, one shot with my pistol at 40 yards," "WELL SHIT" I mean that's great dear, see you when you get home, how are my kids doing?" "Umm kids oh yeah their great, don't you want to come see my bear?"

To the fly boat!

did I mention I was still in my p.j.s? "Nice bear babe" "Oh hi Bishop". "Can I go home now?", "to the fly boat wonder pets" "whatever stay with you dad, I don't care."

Sunday; "Yes we are going to church, as soon as I get Grizzly Adams out of bed, go eat breakfast" "Carsten take some Motrin if it still hurts, and quit running around swinging your arm!"
Wow we got there with time to spare, "now get a drink and go to the bathroom cause you will NOT be getting up after the opening prayer!" "Braxton give me that book I don't care if it is about a Mormon boy!" "give me that pistol, this is not show and tell, its Sacrament meeting".

Now I know why we Mormons don't drink, I would be in rehab already!!!

"Alright already Carsten, I remember saying that if it bruised we would go to the Dr's. lets go to the clinic."

To the fly boat!

"Oh, hi Dr. Motter, yes Ardynns leg is looking much better, no she still won't ride on the scooter, oh and yes Kallisons sinus infection is almost gone. By the way this is Carsten, he hurt his hand at school Friday.
X-rays sure we love pictures, WHAT it is BROKEN, crap I'm sorry Charlie Bear. Okay a splint today, see the orthopedic in the morning, can you Super Size that codeine prescription?"
"No we only have five kids, yes I will be sure to introduce you the other two. Yes we ought to have a exam room dedicated to us, and an isle at Safeway, Ha Ha."

So now my poor little bear has a broken paw, all casted hard in blue, and Mikes poor little bear is at the taxidermists. And I suck as a wonder pet.

To the fly boat wonder pets, mom needs a coke!

5 comments:

Kodi Mortensen said...

Troy is waiting for the pictures, of the bear, that is. Finally someone posted a blog. I am bored sitting around here.

The Brooks Family said...

It's okay Dusty -this runs in the family. Joan waited 2 weeks to get my broken arm looked at, and Niki waited on Kinzie's as well. So don't feel to bad - Hope he feels better.

Natilie said...

Oh, poor little boy. Those damn Simper genes are allergic to x-rays. I hope he gets feeling better. Tell Mike Congrats on his bear.

The Fannen's said...

I blame the doctors. If they weren't so darned expensive, us mothers would not be leary of taking our kids in over every little bump! HA HA Hope he feels better! Tell Mike congrats on the bear. Doug is jealous!

Mag Family said...

Oh tell Cars I am sorry. Kinzie knows how he feels. We went to Yuba and I made her ride the tube. Oh well. We are good parents, I swear.