Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Donkeys and Elephants

Many years ago, I registered as a donkey, well after getting married and becoming a mother I became a elephant, and now after realizing that I am not ready for floral print dresses and my own book bag for church I have registered as an independent.

Now before many of you get offended, I understand your need for floral print(just kidding). I just want to vote my conscience not my party. And while my parties have changed one thing hasn't I am still a mommy and I want what is best, not only for my children but also for everyone elses, even the ones I don't like.

Now maybe what I want isn't the most politically correct stance it is my honest stance, so here goes,

1. We Do Not need socialized health care (just look at Canada there is no leval one trama centers in the entire country), we need affordable health care. I have seen some pretty hefty medical bills in the last 18 months(480,000.00+) and while we did not have to pay all, only about 30,000.00(really) it hurt our little family. So dear government STOP paying medical bills for all the illegals and start using the savings on legal Americans no matter their color.

2. Admit you can do very little about the economy, and stop talking to us like we are stupid. I don't live on Wall St. or Main St.(its barely even a street) but I do know that the House and Legislature control your checkbook.

3. Help us educate our children in English. History has shown over and over again a divided country falls and it will fall fast. It is a wonderful thing to preserve your history and culture after all it is what has made America great, but please embrace and celebrate the culture we already have here.

While there are many more, I'll stop my rants here.

But friends and family it really comes down to this on just which way you vote, follow your heart, and after much research, I will follow My beliefs on Babies, Guns, and God.

4 comments:

Kodi Mortensen said...

You should run for president or at least mayor of Williams. Your thoughts are exactly right!

Mag Family said...

I am going to have to agree with you on those points.

Natilie said...

Yes indeedy! I also think the other party looks a little Communistic these days. Socialized health care is failing everywhere, and redistribution of wealth is a whole other animal. And for me pro-choice means choosing not to be a trollop, not exterminating pregnancy!

Joey and Jana said...

Dusty,
You have such great blogs, I love to sit down and read what you have to say. It makes a small town stay at home mom think a bit about the world. It makes me want to be more informed, that's for sure! Hope all is well! ~Jana