Friday, March 13, 2009

Oh the hurt.

Ardynn came home last night and asked a very hard question. "Mom can "Suzie" come to our house to play next week during spring break."
I"ll be honest this little girl was the last one I thought Ardynn would want to play with, she comes from a very troubled home and while not a bad child just kind of rough, really not the kind of friend my little girly girl runs with. So after asking her why "Suzie" and not "Sarah" or "Becky" my little angel replied...
"because mom if she came over next week, she could eat lunch".
I am still crying

4 comments:

Natilie said...

Oh that breaks your heart. Will you make her some cookies for me?

Mag Family said...

That is very sad. You should be proud your Ardeen has a big heart. Yes, please make the child some cookies.

The Fannen's said...

I am crying now too! How sad and Good for Ardyn!! What a sweet girl. Our schools have gone to sending the poor kids home with backpacks that are full of food over the weekends and evenings so they can eat. Just breaks your heart!

The Brooks Family said...

Good for you Dusty for raising such a thoughtful child! I'm worried mine will be stealing others food - not trying to feed them. :)