Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Dear Santa

Dear Santa,

Just a quick letter to remind you that I have been a good girl this year. Okay, okay tried to be a good girl this year. I have kept my house mostly clean but with five little kids that is a great undertaking. I have attended church and payed my tithing regularly, alright most of the time. I have not chewed anyone out in the parking lot of Safeway or at the bus stop this year, I have also not made anyone cry just because I could. My bed has been made at least one day a week, and the dishes have been washed everyday. The laundry has been folded, not always put away, but always folded. The pets have been fed and petted, the children hugged, kissed, fed and lavished with attention. And my husband has been told just how much he is appreciated.

So Dear Santa in light of my efforts I have made a small list of things that I would like to receive this Christmas and in the upcoming year.

1. I want a new baby, yes I realize that I have received five already but I want another one. I also realize nothing will replace the one so recently lost, but please please please I want another one. Don't worry to much about the cost cause after five we pretty much have everything. And after all love is priceless.(I am pretty sure Saige and Nate would like one to.)

2. Just in case you really can't deliver on number one, then I would like my body back. You see I seem to have lost the one I used to have, and the one I found to replace it, is a little worn, bruised, battered, stretched and to be honest a little sore. While I would not trade the memories of the battles it has fought so far I would like a repair kit for it.

3. I would like to find a buyer for our house, yes I kinda understand the state of the economy, and realize that maybe the reason it has not sold is because we are needed here but really I don't want to be here any longer.

4. I am going to need a new friend, not to replace one, just maybe one that will not be 600 miles away. She needs to have at least a few kids and pets would be a plus. Like just going for a coke, making fun of husbands and understand Tuesday dump days, Wednesday water days and a lot of blond moments.

5. I would like the peace of mind that we as parents are doing the best that we can in raising our children, a little more patience, and a lot more time with them, as they are growing so fast.

6. I would like for them to know of our love for them always. For them to always sleep peacefully with the knowledge that they are safe and for them to know that we as parents will always strive to keep them safe.

So Santa I know that this is a really big list and I truly wish with all my heart for it all, but as a big girl I understand that I can't have it all and that's okay because you see I do understand the true meaning of Christmas.

I BELEIVE




5 comments:

Natilie said...

What a beautiful post. I hope you can have another baby as well. Sorry about the one you lost, I didn't know. You are a great mom and you deserve as many as you can handle.

Christina Brinkworth said...

Were you pregnant? I didn't know. What happened? Are you ok? I hope everything is allright!! Please let me know!!

The Fannen's said...

Great post, and I second the motion! HA I too am sorry about the lost baby, hope you have recovered well.

The Brooks Family said...

I loved this post! I'm sorry about your baby - I know how hard it is, but have faith it will happen again! Stailey is proof!!

Now on a more serious note - Are you freaking out of your mind!? 6 kids!? ONE is killing me!!!!

Mag Family said...

Dusty that was such a nice post. I am sorry to hear about the little one that was lost. I hope things go well for you, but I am with Jammie on this one. Holy crap. I guess when they are as cute as yours you can't help wanting more.