Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Imagine this

A husband back to work after a wonderful holiday filled with peace, love, joy, eating, screaming, fighting(the 20lb. cat and the 10lb. poodle over a 4oz can of cat food) and did I mention eating?
Five wonderful children quietly playing with goodies from Santa(lets be honest all games came with headphones) and a peaceful mommy with a stack of new books.
Oh the thought of a long uninterrupted bubble bath in that huge wonderful bath tub.
Grab a book, the new Japanese Cherry Blossom bubble bath, a icy cold Dr.Pepper and of course the last piece of melt in your mouth fudge and I quietly sneak out of the room.
The sound of running water quickly alerts the ever vigilant toddler that momma is doing something that he is missing out on. A half full bath and chugging sounds send alarm bells ringing in mommas head that something is wrong, did pipes freeze, is the pump out, Oh H*ll
let it not be so, we are out of water.
So back into my super cool striped p.j.s add a hoody and my ultra chic black rubber pig farmer boots, and I was ready(did I forget to mention the truck froze in 4x4 low) grab my bright yellow hammer and slide under that Super Duty Power Stroke for a simple repair of banging on the transfer case to release the four wheel drive. Meanwhile I am such a hottie I have melted the snow and ice under me and have now encased myself in two feet of snow.
So I click my heels and chant theres no place like Hell, theres no place like Hell, and realize that I was softly beating on the transmission, oh well. A quick phone call later Mike says no damage don't worry he will fix all when he gets home.
So I'm off to see the neighbor the wonderful neighbor on Is-abella to beg water and show them my favorite webkinz game. oops.
Oh yeah Mikey is home the truck is fixed he hauls two loads of water fixes the toilet in the kid's bathroom(the cause of the fast drain) and I barbecued perfect chicken.
Today Mike took four kids to work with him and I, well I am off to the grocery store.
Oh how I long for that bath tub.

1 comment:

Christina Brinkworth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.