Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saige and Nate are getting a baby, unless we steal him!

Most all of you know that Saige and Nate(my little sister and great bro. in law) have now been happily married for several years and have been patiently waiting for the phone to ring.......

Well come August a precious baby boy will born to them.
I will let them announce his name and all the other great details upon his delivery, but they have graciously agreed to let me announce his pending delivery and wondrous adoption.

Saige and Nate are very excited and a bit apprehensive.
When you carry a child you worry until birth about their health, size and who they will look like.
When you adopt you also add the worry that the birth parent(s) will change their minds.

When you give birth to a child you are required to provide a car seat for the drive home.
When you adopt, you are finger printed, your background is searched, your house and bank account is scrutinized, and every detail of you life is on display for not only the birth parent(s) but their lawyer, your lawyer, the social workers, and the court who ultimately makes the decision if you truly get to keep this child that you have fallen hopelessly in love with.

Getting pregnant and giving birth is relatively easy.
Adopting can take years of struggle and heartbreak.

This little boy is so loved and wanted.


So, since most of us have never gone through this process I thought I would help out by answering a few questions for you. Because as my friends and family I would really hate for you to look stupid.

1, So how much does it cost?
a lot, so unless you want to donate, just remember that all babies are priceless.

2, How can you love a child that you did not give birth to?
Never question God, also I did not give birth to your children but I would still step out in front of a moving bus to save them, love knows no boundaries.

3, How will you discuss adoption with your child?
That is up to the family, but yes this precious child will be of mixed decent so he will always know that he was loved by so many that wanted the best for him.

4, Is this baby off the black market?(really a question that was asked)
No it is all legal. But if you have info on black market adoption please alert the proper authorities.

5, Are you willing to adopt more?
Yes we, okay they really want more.

6, Can we give a baby shower?
Hell yes, do you know how much this is costing, they are also not afraid of hand-me-downs.

7, Can we come and love on this baby when you get him home?
Again hell yes, but remember kiss the toes not the nose.

Saige and Nate know what they are doing and we are all in love with this little miracle, we as a family are humbled by both their dedication to have an eternal family, and the amazing love shown by a wonderful birth mother willing to give the most precious gift a family can receive.

4 comments:

The Fannen's said...

YEAH!!!! That is so exciting!! I had no idea they were even looking into it!! That is absolutely wonderful!! I am so happy for them!!

Christina Brinkworth said...

I have been very close to both sides of adoption and it is an amazing experience!!! I do have to say the getting is the better side :) And I am soooo glad I was in the right place at the right time to help this happen!!! I am very happy for them!!!

Mag Family said...

I am so happy for them. I can't wait to see him/her. Congrats Nate and Saige.

The Brooks Family said...

I'm so stinking excited for them!! I have lot's of fun stuff to donate - my only request is that I get to hold him as much as possible! I miss my "little baby"