Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A little update

Wow, what a busy week, Thursday I saw my ob/gyn, lovely lady, she sadly confirmed that we had indeed lost another little one(we already new that, but we both cried anyway).

Ultrasounds are no fun when all you get to see is a still heart or this time an empty womb, but at least they were able to confirm that uterus and ovary wise it all looks okay, they were even able to see/find my right ovary that apparently was "lost" at the last ultrasound back in December(which for me was good news cause after all I think I would have noticed that one leaving).

Tuesday I met with a new Dr., a wonderful Dr. of internal medicine(she is also a new chicken farmer) she checked out everything including my nose/eyes/throat, because after all reproductive wise they are super important. She agrees with both myself and the very peppy ob/gyn that it is most likely related to my thyroid or should I say half a thyroid. So she took blood to check its(thyroid) level and also kidney and liver function, hormone levels, and complete blood counts.

Results will be back tomorrow and honestly I am a little nervous, I want it to be so simple, a tiny little pill will help regulate the thyroid and some progesterone cream used until 14 weeks will help maintain a healthy pregnancy. But then there is the guilt that if only I had given a little thought and had it checked every six months like I was supposed to that maybe my babies would not have died and that really does lie heavy on a person.

So tomorrow when the phone rings I will pick it up but only after it has rang a few times and I have had time to breathe.

2 comments:

Mag Family said...

I hope everything works out for you. Your kids are so cute, why shouldn't you have more. Good luck.

The Brooks Family said...

You can not blame yourself for things you may or may not have done. I ate Brie Cheese the day before I lost my first (the only thing I could think of that I did wrong), but had I not, I wouldn't have Stailey.. so it all worked out in the end. I hope it all works out for you - good luck!