Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy Anniversary or (How Freaking long is Eternity)

Ba ba da bumm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike and I have reached eleven(11) years of wedded stress.
You ask how we have done it?
lots and lots of ear plugs and chocolate I tell you.
Eleven years of love, laughter, fights, and babies,
what a ride.
We have been through 2 moves, 5 cars, 4 dogs, 6 goldfish, and 14 cats.
We have shared in the birth of five beautiful children and the grief of one lost.
His need to work in a dangerous environment,
and my need to worry over that.
We have shared in the same goals, of creating an eternal family, being debt free, and being a little more self sufficient.
We have survived illness, injury, sleepless nights, and financial woes,
pregnant cats, barking dogs, flower eating cows, and bugling elk.
Mike puts up with my great buys(we didn't need it but I got it cheap), and crazy hobbies, has helped trim and bag forty pounds of chicken breasts with only a little eye rolling, and camping in the rain, without saying I told you so.
I have suffered through hunting in the snow, the fear of his surgeries and the anxiety of doctor talks.
And living in Arizona.
I am thankful for Mikes dedication to family and work.
His willingness to sacrifice a perfect shot to let his children experience greatness.
He is thankful for my willingness to stay at home and do nothing, err.. I mean raise our children.
And cook mouth watering waist thickening meals.
But really while we have had good and bad I wouldn't trade it for anything,
well almost anything.....
And he still says he loves me.

2 comments:

Natilie said...

Happy Anniversary - and by the way, eternity is a long time. Good luck, but I think you've got a keeper!

Mag Family said...

Happy Anniversary. Eternity is a long time, aren't you glad you have that with him.